Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Festival of Colors: Kind of a Big Deal

Hare Krishna! It seemed like everyone was in Spanish Fork last Saturday at the Krishna Temple to be apart of the Holi Fest, or Festival of Colors. The idea is simple: throw colored chalk at everyone you see. Apparently it's a Hindu celebration to welcome the arrival of Spring, and its really caught on here in Utah. This was my second year going, and I plan to go every year that I can. Morgan and I went with Rochelle and Olivia from our ward. This year, they did a chalk throwing every two hours. When everyone threw their chalk all at once, there was just this massive colorful cloud all around us! It was pretty crazy. I hope I never miss this event while I'm up here. I really look forward to it every year!





No comments:

Post a Comment