Monday, September 20, 2010

Park City for the weekend

I had one of the best weekends I've had in a while! Morgan and I got invited to go up to Park City with a group of people from our new ward. Our friend Andrew's family owns a condo in a hotel up there so we stayed there all day Saturday and then came back Sunday in time for church. The day didn't begin as planned; Morgan and I woke up about two hours later than we wanted to! We frantically packed our stuff and threw on clothes and then headed over a stake activity for some free breakfast. Then we made our way up through the mountains to Park City with Andrew and Nick. Once we arrived, we met up with the rest of our group and Andrew's brother Scott and his friends. There was a ton of people!

I'll start from the beginning. First we rode the alpine slide. I'll admit, I could have gone a whole lot faster. Morgan ended up on my tail for more than half way down the slide haha. We did the alpine coaster next, which is basically like a roller coaster that goes down the mountain. Morgan and I doubled and went down pretty fast! So I guess you could say that made up for my lack of speed on the alpine slide. All of us then went back to our hotel and did some swimming (and sunbathing) action and attempted some underwater photos. After we swam, we decided to go to the outlets and get in some shopping (or in my case, window shopping). But first, Morgan, Lynne, Scott (Andrew's brother), Jenn, Tyson, Andrew and I ended up going up to Olympic Park on the way to see the ski jumpers train for their events. The skiers go off these big ramps and do their crazy flips and then land in a huge pool. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! We made our way over to the outlets, which were pretty nice. Morgan bought some new clothes. Taylor apparently spent over $400! And Andrew bought a pair of sunglasses for a "screaming deal" of $120 haha. After our shopping excursion, we went over to the other hotel that Scott and his friends were staying at and had a BBQ outside by the pool. The pool area was really nice. There were like seven hot tubs with rock waterfalls and the pool had a volleyball net that we used. It was tons of fun! I can't say that enough! We went back over to our hotel and played catch phrase and psychiatrist. So fun! Then we watched a movie, although by that time I was exhausted. The girls slept upstairs in the bedrooms and the guys stayed downstairs for the night. I woke up the next morning a little on the tired side to say the least. But we all made it back to Provo in time for church! And I am proud to say that I stayed awake for all three hours. I did, however, take a two and a half hour nap when I got home. I really hope we get a chance to do something like this again. It was such a fun group.

No comments:

Post a Comment