Sunday, May 6, 2012

South Carolina. Day 5.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I've decided that Cypress Gardens is the prettiest place I've ever been to. Look familiar? That's because this is where The Notebook was filmed. I wanted to see some gators while I was in South Carolina, so Lendrum suggested Cypress Gardens. There were these huge, beautiful cypress trees growing in a marshy creek. We rowed through the water in little rowboats. Quinn was our tour guide, and we definitely wouldn't have spotted all the gators that we did without him. It was just so beautiful; I could have spent all week at Cypress Gardens. Funny story: when we first arrived, we hadn't eaten lunch and were starving! We saw a sign that said "refreshments" and followed it to find a couple vending machines. Fail. We were expecting a restaurant..haha. Later that night, we had a bonfire on the beach with some family and friends. Then, the moment I had been waiting for: Waffle House! I had to do it. My bacon wrap was super greasy and the guy who made it didn't wear gloves. It was all part of the experience!

Quinn, me, and Lendrum in our boat

Gator watchin

Spotted: big gator!

Beautiful Cypress Gardens

Yep.

Swamp People

Waffle House baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment