Monday, April 30, 2012

South Carolina. Day 1.

I just had the trip of a lifetime! Because I did so much during my time in South Carolina, I've decided to break these entries down into days. So here we go...Day 1

Friday, April 20, 2012

I had waited all semester for this day to come! I was finally going to go to the South! And I was finally going to meet Lendrum's wonderful family. Lendrum and I planned to wake up around 6:45am so that we would have plenty of time to drive down to the SLC airport. So you can imagine our panic when we both didn't wake up till 7:30 that morning! I guess finals had really drained us, to say the least. The panic continued when we missed the exit for the airport. We ended up making it in time, but we were some of the last people to check in and because we flew Southwest, this meant we would be the last people to board the plane. We were starving by the time we got to the airport, and I insisted that we get nice breakfast sandwiches at a little nice restaurant called Boar's Head. After ordering two sandwiches, Lendrum and I watched as they slapped some egg (which resembled yellow foam) on an english muffin and nuked it in the microwave with some fake cheese and rubbery bacon. Keep in mind that these little microwaved sandwiches cost us over $5 each. Microwave. Wow, really? We had a good laugh about that. When it was time to board the plane, we didn't get to sit next to each other at first because we were last to choose our seating. The man next to me agreed to switch seats with Lendrum, but insisted that they do it "in the air" and "after he had his drink." I guess we couldn't complain. We had a layover in Baltimore where I realized that the East Coast was not at all desperate for trees. We had lunch at a place called California Tortilla, which was delicious! Well, either that or we were just impressed that it was better than microwaved sandwiches. The flight from Baltimore to Charleston was pretty quick. We landed in South Carolina soon enough after stepping outside for five seconds I realized one thing: this place was humid! We met up with Stephanie, Miss Kim, Kevin, and Devin outside the airport. I'll admit I was a little nervous to meet everyone. I had already met Kim, so it was nice to see a familiar face at the airport. She is so sweet. We all went out to eat at Moe's that night and then went back to Lendrum's beautiful house! The best thing about his house: the front porch. It's just so Southern! Love it. I didn't get to meet Chase till the next morning because he was at a basketball tournament, but I did get to see Quinn late that night when he came home from Mormon Prom. I was exhausted by the time I went to bed that night. The Morrow's were kind enough to let me have Chase's room all to myself, which meant I had my own bathroom attached to my room too. I think it took me all of ten seconds to fall asleep that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment